- My main PC is a Lenovo ThinkPad T540p that I bought super cheap on Woot. I upgraded the RAM and switched to an SSD, and it runs fast enough for a 4+ year old machine. I'll be upgrading to a new machine soon, but this beast has character like me: ugly and highly functional. I made it a little prettier with a sticker from my favorite coffee shop on the lid.
- Just upgraded to the iPhone Xs after pushing a 6s to its limits. Also switched to AT&T after three years on Verizon. I'll probably keep jumping between cell carriers as long as they keep giving the best deals to new/switching customers. Great system!
- WASD Code 87-key Keyboard - MX Browns.
- Logitech G402 Mouse, aka Hyperion Fury!
- Samson MediaOne Studio Monitors
- Mpow Bluetooth adapter
- I have Windows 10 Pro for the important access to Hyper-v, which I never use.
- Windows Mail is fine. Cal- and CardDAV support would be great, Microsoft!
- Firefox is awesome these days. Check it out again if you haven't in a while. It's fast, and the dev tools are much improved over just a couple years ago. I have all the browsers installed for testing, but I bailed on Chrome when Google started acting gross.
- 1Password is a godsend. Use a password manager! Use this one, it's awesome!
- FastMail is a great email service, reasonably priced.
- Figma for designing stuff. GiMP for photo editing. I bought Affinity Photo on Mac, and its license doesn't transfer. I'm not complaining, but I just don't feel like paying for it again at this point.
- Trello helps me GTD.
- There is not a perfect note-taking app. I've tried Evernote, Simplenote, Bear, Notes.app, Google Keep, OneNote, and text files in a folder. I've settled on OneNote for now, but it could change at any point!
- Visual Studio Code is great. Sometimes it's a little slow, but I think that's because of all the extensions I have running and my old computer. Here are the extensions I use.
- Hyper is a terminal emulator maintained by Zeit. It's a little slow on Windows (runs better on Mac, I've found), but it is pretty. I use it for WSL bash/zsh.
- ConEmu is another terminal emulator. It is uglier than Hyper and prettier than Powershell. I use it for CMD and Powershell.
- My font of choice for coding is Fira Code. It has nice ligatures, and I don't want to pay $200 for cursive italics, so here we are.
- npm scripts for build, watch, and deploy.
- now by Zeit is super easy hosting and deployment. Their command line tool is so slick. The hosting is fast and reasonably priced. Great alternative to Netlify.
- GitHub is where the code lives. I also use GitLab sometimes.
- Nunjucks for page templates.
- Markdown for blog posts.
- PostCSS for CSS processing. SCSS syntax. CSSO minification. Styles are minimal and inlined.
- HTML Minifier
- I like Spotify more than Apple Music.
- Inoreader for consuming RSS. Trying to wean myself from Twitter and other social media for news and content. RSS is the bess.
- I've used Instapaper and Pocket. I prefer Pocket, I think. Always changing!
- I use Hulu's live TV offerings for news and college football.
- A library card and Libby. Free ebooks and audio books. Check out what I've been reading.